My Convocation Ceremony (16th January 2010)

Now this sucks really sucks. This is the day of someone’s life that one dreams of, people fantasies about these days; a day one cherishes his whole life. Its Amity so undoubtedly the ceremony will be big and I’m going to miss all these. And here the big question why? I’m left with two options:-
a> Go to Noida and attend your convocation ceremony receive degree on stage
Merits- A day to remember, Happens once in a lifetime, get to wear the convocation gown & cap that I always dreamt of, will meet your old pals, back to the city/institute where I met the real me. That’s what the heart says as well. So it’s illogical or I should say dillogical.
Demerits- Almost a week lost that will cost studies; plannings for the 2nd semester will be delayed, absence of no plan B, extempore for such visits, the visit will cost too much as well, going against Dad’s advice.

b> Stay where I‘m and post the requisite documents and receive the degree via post
Merits- Saves time, studies, labor, hassle free and money; Dad saying to select option B. means following dad’s words. Moreover this sounds more practical, that’s what the mind says.
Demerits- Degree receiving will be delayed; degree will be posted so a little suspicion of any fault in the telegraph system (even though it’s negligible), dream will remain a dream forever.
My heart says go their damn it, go there damn it, go there damn it. The mind says stay rooted don’t listen to your heart, it’s not logical. In the end I’m screwed, and not going.

Comments

Popular Posts